Re: Copyright Loremasters?

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 49 , May 6, 2011
      Actually, the Venn diagram of Mythcon attendees is not fully contained by Mythsoc members or Mythprint readers, therefore it IS possible that folks would buy some of the books at the auction. If you can bring them without cost (e.g., if you're driving!), then I'd do it anyway.

      -- Lynn --

      > Good idea, but we'd be there all day. I probably have 50 unclaimed review titles
      > by now! I have thought about putting some of them up for auction at Mythcon, but
      > then I realized that if nobody was willing to take any of them for free, then
      > expecting them to pay anything (even for the good of the Society) would be
      > asking rather a lot. :)

    • John Rateliff
      Message 49 of 49 , May 10, 2011
        Yes, as David says, it's a great story. The closing sentence is particularly memorable -- but there's no way to share it with anyone without spoiling the story. It's not that often I call something a masterpiece, but "The Ugly Chickens" is one.
           --John R.

        On May 9, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Mem Morman wrote:
        I found the Walpole story on the web and read it this morning.  It made my day.  You go read it too.
        mem