Re: [mythsoc] Re: Copyright Loremasters?

    Message 1 of 49 , May 5 8:29 AM
      "IcelofAngeln" <solicitr@...> wrote:

      > However, Dale, don't lose all hope: CW died in 1945, so
      > his copyrights will expire fairly soon, on 1 January 2016.

      I don't believe that's the case. His novels published in his own lifetime
      expire their copyright 95 years after publication, thus 2026 at the
      earliest, unless the term is extended again before that date arrives, which
      has happened before. The 2016 date would only apply to works still
      unpublished today or not published under 2003 or later. See
      http://www.sunsteinlaw.com/practices/copyright-portfolio-development/flowchart.htm
    • John Rateliff
      Message 49 of 49 , May 10 3:44 PM
        Yes, as David says, it's a great story. The closing sentence is particularly memorable -- but there's no way to share it with anyone without spoiling the story. It's not that often I call something a masterpiece, but "The Ugly Chickens" is one.
           --John R.

        On May 9, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Mem Morman wrote:
        I found the Walpole story on the web and read it this morning.  It made my day.  You go read it too.
        mem