RE: [mythsoc] Copyright Loremasters?

  • Constance Edwards
    Message 1 of 49 , May 5, 2011
      Janet B. Croft wrote: Google Kim Stanley Robinson’s short story “Melancholy Elephants” for an eloquent discussion of this problem.

      Um... Spider Robinson, not Kim Stanley. (who both have moments of greatness, but in completely different ways...)

      Constance
    • John Rateliff
      Message 49 of 49 , May 10, 2011
        Yes, as David says, it's a great story. The closing sentence is particularly memorable -- but there's no way to share it with anyone without spoiling the story. It's not that often I call something a masterpiece, but "The Ugly Chickens" is one.
           --John R.

        On May 9, 2011, at 8:23 AM, Mem Morman wrote:
        I found the Walpole story on the web and read it this morning.  It made my day.  You go read it too.
        mem