My message

  • Joe Christopher
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 7:48 AM
      Oops. I meant to print out for myself my comments about Miller and Lewis to
      think about, and I gather I hit the send message by mistake.

      What was complicating my reaction is that Lewis was giving basically his
      side of each argument, but he assumed that his readers had read Shaw and
      Wells, etc., also, and they knew the other side. And I think, in the
      context of his writing, this may be effective--but it has produced a
      situation in which number of readers have read only one side (Lewis's side)
      and think he has won the argument. It's never that simple in real life.

      But I'm sorry I accidentally sent the earlier message.

      --Joe