Re: [mythsoc] ADMIN: List guideline review

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31 7:11 AM
      In a message dated 8/30/00 8:50:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
      verba001@... writes:

      > The Mythopoeic Society is a nonsectarian organization, and our
      > members represent a variety of religious (and non-religious) views.
      > Therefore, please keep in mind that other list members may have
      > different religious views.

      Dear Joan,

      Surely this does not mean that the non-confrontational expression of one's
      OWN religious views is offensive? which is all that I have seen in the
      recent discussion (one of the most interesting discussions I remember in
      recent months)

      Is religion to become the Unspeakable? (though the sincerely religious know,
      I think, that it is to be spoken about cautiously, and with reticence...).

      Mary S
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31 7:34 AM
        In a message dated 08/31/2000 10:12:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        << Is religion to become the Unspeakable? >>
        One would think that would be a bit counterproductive when discussing writers
        such as the Inklings, their work, and any of our endeavors to join their
        tradition. So I also am confused.

        Lizzie
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31 3:38 PM