Religious parody "on facebook" (featuring cameos by CSL & JRRT)

  • Alana Abbott
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2011
      Hi all,

      There have been a few good, funny uses of facebook/twitter/youtube and etc. to retell various religious stories in the past year, starting with Nativity 2.0 (I think) on YouTube, and continuing through this past holiday season with a seder in facebook format (which apparently the writer did last year as well), and a facebook format version of the Passion. The last features Lewis and Tolkien as facebook users commenting on the story as it transpires.

      It's a little large, but I think quite clever. There are a few of the "users" I'm not familiar with, Bart Ehrman in particular, so others may appreciate different jokes than I did.

      (If you're interested in any of the other internet memes I mentioned, I'm happy to share them off list, but didn't want to clog up the group with lots of links!)

      -Alana

      Author of Into the Reach and Departure, available at http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks