The Art of the Hobbit - Wayne G. Hammond & Christina Scull

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2011
      Wayne & Christina announced their upcoming book, April 10th on their blog:

      "Those among you who looked forward to The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide and grumbled as it went past its announced publication dates, appearing at last three years after it was first expected (but also at twice its original projected length), will find it ironic that we are having to complete our latest book by early June 2011, less than five months after it was begun.

      "The book, we are now able to say, as it will be promoted this week at the London Book Fair, is The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. This large-format, full-colour volume will contain more than 100 paintings and drawings produced by Tolkien to illustrate The Hobbit, or made by him for other purposes but which served as models or inspiration for his Hobbit art. More than two dozen of these pictures are previously unpublished, and many have never before been printed in colour. We will provide an introduction and brief explanatory texts, as well as lay out the art and captions."

      And there's more. To read the full announcement, trot on over:
      <http://wayneandchristina.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/the-art-of-the-hobbit>

      -- Lynn --