Some questions about that documentary

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2000
      According to a message sent on the 19th (well, I tried to reply to it then,
      but I was replying from an Internet Cafe near where Mythcon was held, and
      just as I started to send the message the computer I was on went all weird):

      > TheOneRing.net Web site--which tracks developments related to J.R.R.
      > Tolkien's Lord of the Rings books and upcoming feature films--reported that
      > Assassin Films is contemplating producing a Tolkien documentary. Assassin
      > Films is headed by New Zealand filmmaker Mark Morgan and British director
      > David Perry, the site reported.
      >
      > The documentarians are attempting to interview Tolkien's daughter,
      > Priscilla, and to visit the writer's home in England.

      Isn't some of this a little strange? It makes it sound as if Priscilla is a
      recluse, whereas in fact everyone who's ever been to Oxenmoot has been to her
      house. I suspect that Priscilla just doesn't want to talk with these people,
      possibly because she doesn't want to give the impression that the Tolkien
      family officially endorses the film. Furthermore, there is no "home" of J.
      R. R. Tolkien to be visited. Tolkien lived in a number of houses during his
      life, none of which had any huge sentimental value to him. I presume that
      most of them still stand, but there's nothing in them particularly that would
      make any of them important sites for Tolkien lovers.