Re: [mythsoc] EWTN TV Special on Tolkien (from Jef's Mystical Realms Newsletter for February, 2011)

  • Wayne G. Hammond
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 7:29 AM
      My mother has EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network, a Catholic station
      founded by Mother Angelica - generally only on premium cable services) and I
      would like to go to her place to see it if the time could be confirmed. She
      could not find the April schedule for EWTN. We're on Pacific time - does
      anyone know if it will be on at 10 a.m. on Friday, April 8 or 2 p.m.
      Saturday, April 9th?

      Berni, the EWTN schedule is online at http://www.ewtn.com/tv/NA_2011_Apr_03_week.asp (or http://www.ewtn.com/tv/NA_2011_Apr_Advance.asp). This shows rebroadcasts on April 8th at 10:00 a.m. Pacific, and on April 9th at 2 *a.m.* Pacific (not p.m.).

      Wayne
    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 7:31 AM
        An original drawing by J.R.R. Tolkien is to be sold at auction by Tennants of Leyburn, North Yorkshire, on 13 April 2011. Drawn in pencil and coloured pencil, New Lodge, Stonyhurst depicts the garden of the guest house at which Tolkien stayed in Stonyhurst, Lancashire on three occasions. Tolkien made the drawing in August 1947 and gave it to the family who owned New Lodge. Currently a small reproduction may be seen on the auctioneer’s website, http://www.tennants.co.uk/getdoc/ad02e180-ceaa-4796-87f8-11859938aacb/Awaiting-the-hammer.aspx , which lists the house estimate of the sale price as £15,000-20,000. The drawing is also reproduced, with better colour, in J.R.R. Tolkien: Artist and Illustrator, fig. 28.

        We have no financial interest in this sale, and are posting information as a favour to the owner of the drawing, a friend who kindly allowed us to reproduce it in Artist and Illustrator sixteen years ago.

        Wayne & Christina