Time for a FAQ

  • WendellWag@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 1999
      We've begun getting a lot of fairly basic questions on the list. I suspect
      that it's time for a FAQ for the list. Is anybody out there willing to write
      it? (No, I don't possibly have time to write it, but I'd be happy to check
      over it for corrections.) There are already several FAQ's on the Internet
      which could be mined for information for our FAQ. Our FAQ should include a
      short biography of each Inkling, a description of what the Inklings were,
      information about often-asked things like the movie of _The Lord of the
      Rings_, and answers to all the obvious question about the Mythopoeic Society,
      Mythcon, its publications, etc.

      Wendell Wagner
    • David Lenander
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 1999
        If we're thinking of mining other FAQs, maybe we should simply reference them.

        Responding to the message of <2705688.249bad43@...>
        from mythsoc@onelist.com:

        > From: WendellWag@...
        >
        >There are already several FAQ's on the Internet
        > which could be mined for information for our FAQ.

        David Lenander, Library Manager I
        Bio-Medical Library Access Services work: (612)626-3375
        Circulation, Core Collections & Reserve Desks home: (651)292-8887
        Diehl Hall/505 Essex SE fax: (612)626-2454
        University of Minnesota
        Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455

        e-mail: d-lena@...
        web-page: http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/m391/d-lena/BreeMoot.html