Re: [mythsoc] Re: Lawsuit in Texas

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 24, 2011
      That's disappointing to hear.  Not that I necessarily think they were wrong in that judgment, but I for one would have been very interested in such a work.  But given that the critical editions of Smith of Wootton Major and On Fairy-Stories never even got published in the U.S. (a tragedy in both cases, in my opinion), I can't say that I'm that surprised.

      Doug

      Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:44 AM
      Subject: RE: [mythsoc] Re: Lawsuit in Texas

      One denial for me – my proposal to do a critical edition of “Homecoming” was turned down. But mainly because they thought it wouldn’t make any money.

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 4, 2011
        Doug,
        You are excused, sir.  I’ve hoped to see Michael Drout’s edition for about ten years now.  I imagine Michael has, too.

        Is there any progress on an edition of J.R.R. Tolkien’s poetry with commentary?  Such a thing has been spoken of since Peter Jackson was a sunspot on the far horizon.

        Mike