Help with a book title?

  • Avie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2000
      Hi guys,

      I'm hoping you can help me out to find the title of a book, or it may have
      been a series of books which I read as a child in the early 80's. I was
      just thinking about this in the shower the other day, having not seen nor
      read the books since I was quite young - I do remember that I enjoyed the
      story very much however. I'm afraid the details are a bit sketchy, but the
      plot went something like this:

      There was a young kid (think it was a girl) who was involved with witches -
      she may have been a trainee one herself. There was mentions of covens, but
      from memory the book/s were reasonably light-hearted. The thing that
      really sticks in my mind is that the main character rescues a baby kraken
      at some point... a kraken that was meant to frighten or threaten the main
      character? There may have also been a big bad wizard after the main
      character (sounding a bit like Potter now, isn't it :/ )

      Sorry, I know that that description is probably most vague and unhelpful.
      If I remember anything else I will add it later on.

      Regards,
      Avie.