Fairly OT question

  • John Davis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hi,

      Has anyone on the list read Algernon Blackwood's The Human Chord?  (I know he isn't an Inkling, but there are certainly similarities between his novels and those of Williams, so I hope you'll forgive my mentioning him here.)

      If so, can they tell me what the somewhat unfortunately-named Winky - as referred to towards the end of the novel - is meant to represent? My thoughts are that he probably represents the possibility of a physical child born to the couple, or by extension simply physical love between them. But it is not particularly clear, so I wondered what others thought.

      John
    • dale nelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2011
        Do you have access to Mike Ashley's biography of Blackwood?  Perhaps that would help.  (I don't have access to Ashley and have never read The Human Chord, so that's the best I can do.)

        Dale

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011

          Hi Dale,

          No, I don't that that biography. I'll seek it out.

          Thanks,

          John

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2011

            Sorry, meant to write 'I don't have that biography'. Early morning fingers!

            John