RE: [mythsoc] Learning "Elvish"

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2011

      If I may piggyback, are there any good basic print materials that you might recommend to, say, a middle school librarian who wants something for teenagers?

      Janet Brennan Croft

      I can hear the sputtering of our linguists from here, but bear with me. I got a query from someone in Indonesia about this, and I'd like to help him out. There are a plethora of web sites that purport to teach "Elvish" and it would be nice to refer people to some of the better ones (and away from the bad ones). I don't get this question as often as I did during the movie days but it's a perennial. With your advice, I hope I can prepare a cheat sheet on the topic to deal with future queries.

      --
      Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
      The Mythopoeic Society