Re: Tolkien chat group in Dutch

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2011
      External links from the MythSoc.org page are problematic: they can potentially interfere with our 501-(c)3 non-profit status, they can be very touchy... what does it mean if the MythSoc links to another group? Does it mean we know them & approve of them? If we link to some and not to others, what does *that* mean? The MythSoc has a pretty focused purpose and by not having to vet & vouch for other groups or listservs (etc.) it helps maintain the focus.

      We've avoided the headaches by avoiding the links, by and large. But the stewards are willing to take up suggestions from the MythSoc membership - make a suggestion, send us an email! But please do remember, we're all volunteers (and considering which, we do a pretty good job, me thinks... I mean, look at what Janet Brennan Croft does, editing Mythlore, and Jason Fisher, editing Mythprint, Gwenyth Hood, editor of The Mythic Circle. And Randy Hoyt, maintaining the website, Marion Van Loo handling membership as well as printing & mailing the 'snail mail' Mythprints, Lee Speth fulfilling orders, David Oberhelman overseeing the Mythopoeic Awards and the Mythopoeic Press, Edith Crowe deals with all the correspondence and our blog <http://www.mythsoc.org/blog/> & Gerry Holmes is our recording secretary, Lisa Deustch Harrigan is our treasurer - all these people put in a lot of hours for the love of the Mythopoeic Society :D ).

      So... just be patient if it takes a little while to respond, 'kay?

      -- Lynn Maudlin, Secretary for Mythopoeic Conferences --