Re: The voice of Aslan

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 22, 2010
      yes, God uses all things (which isn't to say that all things are as He desires them to be; He takes no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked, for example, and would prefer they repent and NOT be wicked) to advance His purpose.

      I spent enough time on the edges of the Christian music industry as well as the secular music industry to know there's not much difference... in fact, I've seen more rip-offs happen in the name of Christ :( that's a very sad thing indeed.

      -- Lynn --

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, dale nelson <extollager2006@...> wrote:

      > I haven't been able to verify the anecdote, but I believe that Luther offered
      > this thought experiment: if the devil himself preached a true Gospel sermon, the
      > Word thus preached would be efficacious according to God's will -- even in spite
      > of the evil one's wishes. For what Luther's opinion may be worth, I don't
      > think he would be too worried about the personal beliefs or unbelief of an actor
      > in an entertainment such as this, any more than he would be worried about
      > whether the construction crew rearing a church building was composed of faithful
      > Christians.
      >

      > Parents of children who are fans of the Narnian movies might respond that they
      > regret it when, in publicity related to the movies, members of the crew make
      > statements that might confuse kids. That's a separate issue. It really belongs
      > to a discussion that the parents need to have with their kids about the whole
      > publicity business.

    • David Emerson
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 22, 2010
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 22, 2010
          If it was purely the voice, James Earl Jones would be brilliant. But we have to take into consideration the associations with the voice and, in this case, I don't think it would be wise to have Darth Vader give voice to Aslan... eeeek!! ;D

          -- Lynn --