Re: [mythsoc] The Voice of Aslan

  • Troels Forchhammer
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 22, 2010
      To me it seems a matter of what Tolkien described as confusing 'allegory' with 'applicability'.

      Though Neeson does forget to sprinkle every statement with variants of 'in my opinion' and 'to me', it is nonetheless, in my opinion, clear that he is speaking of applicability to himself rather than anything in 'the purposed domination of the author'. It might even be interesting to discuss to what extent Aslan can be applied to such other religious figures -- in acknowledgement, of course, of what Lewis intended, but in recognition also of the fact that his words possibly could be applied more widely than his intention.  Sometimes it is, to me, interesting also to discuss how the author might be misunderstood

      /Troels

      --
          Love while you've got
              love to give.