Re: [mythsoc] Donald Wollheim (Ed. Ace Books) Tolkien collection sale

  • dale nelson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2010
      Interesting -- thanks.  Interesting to me personally not just for several obvious reasons, but because Wollheim was the author of Secret of the Ninth Planet, in the old Winston series of SF for juveniles -- a book that I loved when I was around 11!  Some folks here may remember the Schaumburg endpapers for the Winston series, which for those of us "of a certain age" were so evocative of science fiction.

      DN