Re: [mythsoc] Inklings Help

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2000
      Christopher Tolkien, Dom Bede Griffiths, Dr. R.E. "Humphrey" Havard, Hugo
      Dyson, David Cecil, Warren Lewis, Colin Hardie, Jim Dundas Grant, J.A.W.
      Bennett, Nevill Coghill, Adam Fox, Gervase Matthew, C.E. "Tom" Stevens, C.L.
      Wrenn, and John Wain. The list comes from the "Biographical Notes" section
      of Carpenter's book The Inklings.

      Ted

      Lisa Deutsch Harrigan wrote:

      > I'm on a panel at WorldCon, The Forgotten Inklings (with Connie
      > Willis, John Fast, and Melanie Fletcher Sunday 2:30 pm). Gee, I
      > wonder how I got on it <g>?
      >
      > OK, I remember Owen Barfield, Dorothy Sayers, and George
      > MacDonald. They are the easy ones. I know there were more, but
      > who? Any Info would be appreciated. I know David L knows about
      > more of the people. He gives vague notes on his website.
      >
      > Any useful urls etc would be appreciated. I want to have some
      > Stuff with me.
      >
      > Also, Joan could you send me any information on the book by
      > Dorothy Sayers that MythPress will be publishing? I'll plug it at
      > the panel.
      >
      > Mythically yours,
      >
      > Lisa
      > Treasurer, The Mythopoeic Society (like I said, I wonder how I
      > got on this panel? Most of the others are costuming.)

      Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Box X041, Department of English
      Middle Tennessee State University