December issue of Mythprint

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2010
      Thanks to all the people who sent me or offered to send me the December issue of Mythprint.  Someone informs me that they have an AOL E-mail address and they got the December issue as usual.  So whatever caused the issue to not reach me, it had nothing to do with any possible spam filters that AOL uses.

      Wendell Wagner
    • lynnmaudlin
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2010
        For the sake of any folks thinking it's either AOL or a problem with the mailing software, apparently the REAL reason is that Wendell's subscription to Mythprint expired! ;D

        I'm not sure whether we've got an email "You're about to expire" notification system in place yet but hopefully we will soon. I realize one of the problems is that many of us were used to seeing our expiration number on our address label - and we don't have the equivalent of that any longer... :(

        -- Lynn --

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2010

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2010
            Thanks, Lynn, I'll go ahead and send in my subscription renewal.  I thought for sure that I checked at the Society table in the dealer's room at Mythcon this year and they told me my Mythprint subscription was paid up for the next year.  Unfortunately, there's no immediate way to check anymore if my subscription is paid up like there used to be because there's no address sticker like there was on the paper copies of Mythprint.  I don't think I ever got a letter in the mail telling me that I needed to renew my subscription.

            Wendell Wagner

            In a message dated 12/11/2010 9:10:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lynnmaudlin@... writes:

            For the sake of any folks thinking it's either AOL or a problem with the mailing software, apparently the REAL reason is that Wendell's subscription to Mythprint expired! ;D

            I'm not sure whether we've got an email "You're about to expire" notification system in place yet but hopefully we will soon. I realize one of the problems is that many of us were used to seeing our expiration number on our address label - and we don't have the equivalent of that any longer... :(

            -- Lynn --

            > Thanks to all the people who sent me or offered to send me the December
            > issue of Mythprint. Someone informs me that they have an AOL E-mail address
            > and they got the December issue as usual. So whatever caused the issue to
            > not reach me, it had nothing to do with any possible spam filters that AOL
            > uses.
            >
            > Wendell Wagner

          • Lisa Harrigan
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 12, 2010
              That's ok. The same thing happened to me, and I'm the Treasurer! :-[
              Why haven't I gotten the last two issues? Oops.

              I do remember something about Oh, Yeah, I need to renew postcard, but
              then I forgot. Yes, these new e-mail Mythprints without a label to
              remind us will take some getting used to.

              Mythically yours,
              Lisa

              On 12/11/2010 8:32 PM, WendellWag@... wrote:

              > Thanks, Lynn, I'll go ahead and send in my subscription renewal. I
              > thought for sure that I checked at the Society table in the dealer's
              > room at Mythcon this year and they told me my /Mythprint/ subscription
              > was paid up for the next year. Unfortunately, there's no immediate
              > way to check anymore if my subscription is paid up like there used to
              > be because there's no address sticker like there was on the paper
              > copies of /Mythprint/. I don't think I ever got a letter in the mail
              > telling me that I needed to renew my subscription.
              > Wendell Wagner
              > In a message dated 12/11/2010 9:10:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              > lynnmaudlin@... writes:
              >
              > For the sake of any folks thinking it's either AOL or a problem
              > with the mailing software, apparently the REAL reason is that
              > Wendell's subscription to Mythprint expired! ;D
              >
              > I'm not sure whether we've got an email "You're about to expire"
              > notification system in place yet but hopefully we will soon. I
              > realize one of the problems is that many of us were used to seeing
              > our expiration number on our address label - and we don't have the
              > equivalent of that any longer... :(
              >
              > -- Lynn --
              >
              > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com <mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > WendellWag@... wrote:
              > >
              > > Thanks to all the people who sent me or offered to send me the
              > December
              > > issue of Mythprint. Someone informs me that they have an AOL
              > E-mail address
              > > and they got the December issue as usual. So whatever caused the
              > issue to
              > > not reach me, it had nothing to do with any possible spam
              > filters that AOL
              > > uses.
              > >
              > > Wendell Wagner

            • lynnmaudlin
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 12, 2010
                Ironically one of the Stewards had the same problem (!!) which is why we thought, hmmm, are we having a delivery glitch? But Marion Van Loo, Membership Secretary, checked the records and both of you had just expired. She probably sent you a postcard reminding you to renew *but* I have no idea what information you got at the Society table in Dallas... possibly Mythlore and Mythprint/society membership are out of sync?

                I'm thinking we probably ought to notify *by email* the folks who receive Mythprint by email - but I don't think that system is in place yet-- hey, it's a learning curve! Your patience is appreciated with this motley collection of volunteers....

                -- Lynn--

                > Thanks, Lynn, I'll go ahead and send in my subscription renewal. I
                > thought for sure that I checked at the Society table in the dealer's room at
                > Mythcon this year and they told me my Mythprint subscription was paid up for
                > the next year. Unfortunately, there's no immediate way to check anymore if
                > my subscription is paid up like there used to be because there's no address
                > sticker like there was on the paper copies of Mythprint. I don't think I
                > ever got a letter in the mail telling me that I needed to renew my
                > subscription.
                >
                > Wendell Wagner
                >

                > In a message dated 12/11/2010 9:10:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                > lynnmaudlin@... writes:
                >

                > For the sake of any folks thinking it's either AOL or a problem with the
                > mailing software, apparently the REAL reason is that Wendell's subscription
                > to Mythprint expired! ;D
                >
                > I'm not sure whether we've got an email "You're about to expire"
                > notification system in place yet but hopefully we will soon. I realize one of the
                > problems is that many of us were used to seeing our expiration number on our
                > address label - and we don't have the equivalent of that any longer... :(
                >
                > -- Lynn --
                >
                > --- In _mythsoc@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:mythsoc@yahoogroups.com) ,
                > WendellWag@ wrote:
                > >
                > > Thanks to all the people who sent me or offered to send me the December
                > > issue of Mythprint. Someone informs me that they have an AOL E-mail
                > address
                > > and they got the December issue as usual. So whatever caused the issue
                > > not reach me, it had nothing to do with any possible spam filters that
                > AOL
                > > uses.
                > >
                > > Wendell Wagner

              • lynnmaudlin
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 12, 2010
                  Lisa, I'm thinking maybe there's a way to include expiration issue numbers in that email...? we must pick brains!

                  -- Lynn --

                  --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Harrigan <auntie_m_groups@...> wrote:

                  > That's ok. The same thing happened to me, and I'm the Treasurer! :-[
                  > Why haven't I gotten the last two issues? Oops.
                  >
                  > I do remember something about Oh, Yeah, I need to renew postcard, but
                  > then I forgot. Yes, these new e-mail Mythprints without a label to
                  > remind us will take some getting used to.
                  >
                  > Mythically yours,
                  > Lisa
                  >
                  > On 12/11/2010 8:32 PM, WendellWag@... wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thanks, Lynn, I'll go ahead and send in my subscription renewal. I
                  > > thought for sure that I checked at the Society table in the dealer's
                  > > room at Mythcon this year and they told me my /Mythprint/ subscription
                  > > was paid up for the next year. Unfortunately, there's no immediate
                  > > way to check anymore if my subscription is paid up like there used to
                  > > be because there's no address sticker like there was on the paper
                  > > copies of /Mythprint/. I don't think I ever got a letter in the mail
                  > > telling me that I needed to renew my subscription.
                  > > Wendell Wagner
                  > > In a message dated 12/11/2010 9:10:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                  > > lynnmaudlin@... writes:
                  > >
                  > > For the sake of any folks thinking it's either AOL or a problem
                  > > with the mailing software, apparently the REAL reason is that
                  > > Wendell's subscription to Mythprint expired! ;D
                  > >
                  > > I'm not sure whether we've got an email "You're about to expire"
                  > > notification system in place yet but hopefully we will soon. I
                  > > realize one of the problems is that many of us were used to seeing
                  > > our expiration number on our address label - and we don't have the
                  > > equivalent of that any longer... :(
                  > >
                  > > -- Lynn --
                  > >
                  > > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com <mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > > WendellWag@ wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks to all the people who sent me or offered to send me the
                  > > December
                  > > > issue of Mythprint. Someone informs me that they have an AOL
                  > > E-mail address
                  > > > and they got the December issue as usual. So whatever caused the
                  > > issue to
                  > > > not reach me, it had nothing to do with any possible spam
                  > > filters that AOL
                  > > > uses.
                  > > >
                  > > > Wendell Wagner

                • Wayne G. Hammond
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 13, 2010
                    Lynn wrote:

                    Ironically one of the Stewards had the same problem (!!) which is why we thought, hmmm, are we having a delivery glitch? But Marion Van Loo, Membership Secretary, checked the records and both of you had just expired. She probably sent you a postcard reminding you to renew *but* I have no idea what information you got at the Society table in Dallas...

                    We sympathize with Wendell about this, as we've been wondering why we haven't had the latest Mythlore (111/112), and on checking our records this morning we see that our subscription expired with 109/110. But we didn't receive any notice of expiration, nor did we have one for Mythlore last year, nor have we had any notice yet about our membership and Mythprint expiring this month. We'll send in our renewals at once.

                    possibly Mythlore and Mythprint/society membership are out of sync?

                    Our membership/Mythprint and Mythlore are out of sync because of past contributions made to Mythlore, which earned extra issues.

                    Wayne & Christina