Re: [mythsoc] Fictionalizing Lewis & Tolkien

    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 9, 2010
      I suspect that may be my bibliography in the January 2010 issue you're
      thinking of, the much-requested reading list from the paper I gave at the LA
      Mythcon the previous summer, which surveyed many books using the Inklings as
      fictional characters (but not "Looking for the King", which hadn't come out
      yet), including those of James A. Owen, our author Guest of Honor, and going
      all the way back to the exceedingly rare novel that fictionalized Charles
      Williams in 1933.

      David Bratman

      "Alana Abbott" <alanajoli@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I remember someone posting at some point that they were writing a paper
      > (or
      > hoping someone would write a paper) about how Tolkien and Lewis are
      > appearing in new fiction as characters. Two of the works that were
      > mentioned, possibly in different threads, were the graphic novel *Heaven's
      > War* and the novel *Looking for the King.* Is anyone compiling a list of
      > books -- good or bad -- that include the Inklings as characters? (I
      > figured
      > that if someone was writing a paper, such a list might already be in
      > possession of a Mythie.)
    • Alana Abbott
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 10, 2010
        David,

        Your list is *amazing*. Thanks to you and Janet for redirecting me!

        -Alana

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 10, 2010
          Will someone *please* send me the December Mythprint?

          Does anyone else here have an AOL account that they receive their Mythprint on?  Did you get it this month?  If you did, that would show that my not receiving it had nothing to do with AOL.

          Wendell

          Change in the AOL spam filter? It comes in from the MythSoc...

          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 8, 2011
            Now that I've read David Downing's _Looking for the King_, which I rather
            enjoyed - it's certainly far superior to _Heaven's War_ or the likes of Dan
            Brown - I've added it to my bibliography of the Inklings in fiction. To
            which I've also added the subcategories of the Inklings in each other's
            fiction (a category I deliberately excluded from earlier versions) and of
            conversations with Lewis's ghost (which I unaccountably left out). And I've
            put the whole online:

            http://home.earthlink.net/~dbratman/infiction.html
          • Alana Abbott

              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 8, 2011
                I too am very glad to see this available online. Thanks, David.