Re: [mythsoc] Re: Fictionalizing Lewis & Tolkien

    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 9, 2010
      Yes, the AOL address is the one I use for my subscription (and it's the only one I've ever had).

      Wendell

      In a message dated 12/10/2010 12:00:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, visualweasel@... writes:

      Ah, in that case, your email address may be incorrect in our master list. Or it may have dropped out of the list accidentally. Is your AOL address the one where you receive your subscription? Let me know, and I'll look into the matter.

      Jason

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 9, 2010
        Do you get it electronically? Otherwise paper takes awhile... it must be printed and assembled and mailed and all that jazz...

        -- Lynn --

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 9, 2010
          Change in the AOL spam filter? It comes in from the MythSoc...

          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 9, 2010
            I suspect that may be my bibliography in the January 2010 issue you're
            thinking of, the much-requested reading list from the paper I gave at the LA
            Mythcon the previous summer, which surveyed many books using the Inklings as
            fictional characters (but not "Looking for the King", which hadn't come out
            yet), including those of James A. Owen, our author Guest of Honor, and going
            all the way back to the exceedingly rare novel that fictionalized Charles
            Williams in 1933.

            David Bratman

            "Alana Abbott" <alanajoli@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > I remember someone posting at some point that they were writing a paper
            > (or
            > hoping someone would write a paper) about how Tolkien and Lewis are
            > appearing in new fiction as characters. Two of the works that were
            > mentioned, possibly in different threads, were the graphic novel *Heaven's
            > War* and the novel *Looking for the King.* Is anyone compiling a list of
            > books -- good or bad -- that include the Inklings as characters? (I
            > figured
            > that if someone was writing a paper, such a list might already be in
            > possession of a Mythie.)
          • Alana Abbott
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 10, 2010
              David,

              Your list is *amazing*. Thanks to you and Janet for redirecting me!

              -Alana

              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 10, 2010
                Will someone *please* send me the December Mythprint?

                Does anyone else here have an AOL account that they receive their Mythprint on?  Did you get it this month?  If you did, that would show that my not receiving it had nothing to do with AOL.

                Wendell

                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 8, 2011
                  Now that I've read David Downing's _Looking for the King_, which I rather
                  enjoyed - it's certainly far superior to _Heaven's War_ or the likes of Dan
                  Brown - I've added it to my bibliography of the Inklings in fiction. To
                  which I've also added the subcategories of the Inklings in each other's
                  fiction (a category I deliberately excluded from earlier versions) and of
                  conversations with Lewis's ghost (which I unaccountably left out). And I've
                  put the whole online:

                  http://home.earthlink.net/~dbratman/infiction.html
                • Alana Abbott

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 8, 2011
                      I too am very glad to see this available online. Thanks, David.