Re: [mythsoc] Favorite Harry Potter

  • LSolarion@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2000
      In a message dated 08/15/2000 8:25:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      margdean@... writes:

      <<
      (One of the reasons I did =not= like Book 2 as well as the others was
      that Guilderoy Wassisname got on my nerves so VERY badly.)

      I agree totally; I think she went a little overboard in making him obnoxious.
      I read in an interview that he was based on a real person, too, though she
      charitably refrained from naming him. Or perhaps she just didn't want to hear
      from his solicitor!
    • Ted Sherman
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2000
        Ah, but Gilderoy Lockhart, obnoxious as he is, is so like so many real people. I
        found him absolutely hilarious--especially as an object for Ron and Harry's scorn
        and Hermione's schoolgirl affection.

        Ted

        LSolarion@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 08/15/2000 8:25:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        > margdean@... writes:
        >
        > <<
        > (One of the reasons I did =not= like Book 2 as well as the others was
        > that Guilderoy Wassisname got on my nerves so VERY badly.)
        >

        > I agree totally; I think she went a little overboard in making him obnoxious.
        > I read in an interview that he was based on a real person, too, though she
        > charitably refrained from naming him. Or perhaps she just didn't want to hear
        > from his solicitor!

        Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
        Mythopoeic Literature
        Box X041, Department of English