Rivendell group sponsoring Narnia conference December 10

  • ftl_publications
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2010
      TURNING PAGES IN THE MAGICIAN'S BOOK:
      Rereading, Reimagining, Reviewing
      C.S. Lewis's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
      in books and film
      a conference at the University of Minnesota
      CHILDREN'S LITERATURE RESEARCH COLLECTIONS

      December 10, 2010 1-6 PM
      120 Andersen Library
      [west bank campus, next to the law school]

      No charge, no registration required, just come!

      Join us as we celebrate new and old visions and readings of these books in panel discussions, presentations, fiction & poetry readings, filk-singing, and scholarly papers.

      Some expected presentations or speakers:
      Rhysling Award poet Ruth Berman, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Librarian Jan Bogstad (on some technical aspects of the films), author Caroline Stevermer, David Emerson on Lucy, discussions of the film treatments and Miller's book, panel discussions, etc. We're interested in providing an opportunity for the reading of academic or scholarly papers about the Narnia Chronicles, C.S. Lewis and the other Inklings (members of Lewis's writers' group of the '30s & '40s, including J.R.R. Tolkien, Owen Barfield, Charles Williams, and others) and on related topics. More information will be available on our website at http://www.tc.umn.edu/~d-lena/RIVENDELL.html and on Facebook under The Rivendell Group of the Mythopoeic Society. Or contact d-lena@....