Re: [mythsoc] Re: MythSoc Blog

  • Alana Abbott
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 24, 2010
      FWIW, livejournal does import the full entry to facebook.

      I'd love to see just the excerpt link in facebook from Mythsoc, though -- I'd be less likely to miss entries that way. (I am not usually inclined to go to unique sites to read blog entries unless something prompts me to go there.)

      -Alana

      On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM, <Joan.Marie.Verba@...> wrote:

      Yes, many people transfer their blog posts to Facebook. Facebook won't show the
      entire post, just an excerpt from it plus a link to the blog. Because it's an
      excerpt, people have to go to the blog to read the entire post.

      If the Mythsoc website is a Wordpress site, there are several applications that
      will transfer the blog entries to Facebook. If it isn't, it still can be done.

      (By the way, you can transfer LiveJournal posts to Facebook as well.)

      Hope that helps,
      Joan

      __.

    • Edith Crowe
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 26, 2010
        I hasten to add that I provide the content but it's mostly Randy who provides the technical expertise. We decided to begin the barenaked blog ASAP, and gradually add the bells & whistles. Your Corresponding Secretary is game but her previous blogging experience was with much simpler system, so Randy's pretty much on his own for the fancy stuff. Stay tuned. Possess your souls in patience.

        Edith Crowe, MSCS

        On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:54 PM, lynnmaudlin <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

        http://www.mythsoc.org/blog/an-end-a-beginning/

        Corresponding Secretary Edith Crowe will be our primary blogger; she's currently writing up a Glen GoodKnight post.

        -- Lynn --

        --
        Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
        The Mythopoeic Society