Article mentioning Mythopoeic Society members

  • ftl_publications
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2010
      While doing my daily browsing of the web, I read this article on SEO (Search Engine Optimization - SEO deals with how to structure your web site for the best rank on Google and other search engines), and found several Mythopoeic Society members mentioned:

      http://bit.ly/d69xnw

      Joan Marie Verba
      (and Social Media Manager)
    • lynnmaudlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2010
        Good catch, Joan! Does anyone happen to know from where the Michael Drout quote comes?

        AND remember, he's our scholar Guest of Honor at next year's Mythcon in Albuquerque! :D http://www.mythcon.org

        -- Lynn --

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
          Lynn,

          If you go to the link given by Joan in her post, you'll see that it's an article by Michael Martinez, who in the past has posted to this list a lot (although I haven't seen any posts by him recently).  In Martinez's article (which is just from his blog, not from anything edited by anyone else), you'll see that there is a link to the article by Michael Drout.  Although Martinez's blog is mostly about search engine optimization, he feels free to incidentally mention other interests of his.  The article that Martinez quotes from is from Drout's blog and thus again not from something edited by anyone else.  So while at first glance it appears that this is someone in an official publication completely unconnected to Tolkien studies just out of the blue deciding to mention Tolkien scholarship and also half a dozen people with Mythopoeic Society connections, it's no such thing.  This is Drout in his personal blog mentioning these Society-related people and Martinez in his personal blog quoting Drout.

          Wendell Wagner

          In a message dated 11/10/2010 2:23:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, lynnmaudlin@... writes:
           Good catch, Joan! Does anyone happen to know from where the Michael Drout quote comes?

          AND remember, he's our scholar Guest of Honor at next year's Mythcon in Albuquerque! :D http://www.mythcon.org

          -- Lynn --

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "ftl_publications" <Joan.Marie.Verba@...> wrote:

          > While doing my daily browsing of the web, I read this article on SEO (Search Engine Optimization - SEO deals with how to structure your web site for the best rank on Google and other search engines), and found several Mythopoeic Society members mentioned:
          >
          > http://bit.ly/d69xnw
          >
          > Joan Marie Verba
          > Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc List Administrator
          > (and Social Media Manager)
        • lynnmaudlin
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
            yeah, Wendell, shortly after posting the query I noticed they had linked the quote from Michael's blog. :) thanks!

            -- Lynn --