Arika Okrent, "In the Land of Invented Languages"

  • davise@cs.nyu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
      I was very interested to see the review by Harley Sims of "In the Land of Invented Languages" by Arika Okrent in the current Mythlore. I don't dispute any of Sims' specific criticisms, but my own overall assessment was entirely opposite. As an outsider to the field of invented languages, I found the book immensely readable and informative. I wrote a very favorable review for SIAM (Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics) News:

      http://www.siam.org/pdf/news/1763.pdf