A Middle-earth Event-Filled Weekend!

  • jef.murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2010
      Greetings!

      This coming weekend, there will be two events that should
      prove fun for folks both in Holland and in North Georgia, USA.
      To whit:

      • The folks who brought you the "Festival in the Shire" in Wales this
      last August (see www.FestivalintheShire.com) will be holding a new
      exhibit of Middle-earth themed paintings and prints in Leiden, Holland
      from Thursday, November 11 at 10:00am - November 14 at 4:00pm at
      Utrechtse Jaagpad 2, Leiden. This exhibition will feature works
      by Rodney Matthews, Paul Raymond Gregory, Roger Garland, Ruth
      Lacon, Steve Walsh, Sue Wookey, Ivan Cavini and myself. The event
      is free and there will be a raffle of Tolkien-themed prints; all who attend
      are eligible for the dozen or so prints to be awarded. You can find more
      information on Facebook by searching on "Festival in the Shire", or at:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Machynlleth-United-Kingdom/Festival-in-the-Shire-A-celebration-of-all-things-Tolkien-inspired/149452046749

      • For my American friends, and particularly for folks who live in
      North Georgia, Lorraine and I will be giving a joint talk on Saturday
      night, November 13, at 7pm, at St. Peter Chanel Catholic church in
      Roswell, Georgia. The talk is entitled "Mystery, Mayhem, and Magic:
      Using Creativity to Serve God", and although the talk itself is free,
      the talk is preceeded by a catered dinner for couples. You can get
      directions and register for the event at:
      http://www.stpeterchanel.org/events/mac20101113.html

      We hope to see many folks in Roswell, and look forward to hearing
      good reports of the exhibit in Leiden!

      Nai i Cala oio-siluva (may the Light ever-shine)

      Jef