Re: [mythsoc] Glen

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2010
      Glen was the godfather, in the best sense, of the Mythopoeic Society.  We rejoice that he returned to join us after hiatus for these feasts of Mythcon in California recently.

      George Sayer, RIP, said to me and Jo as we were leaving Malvern the last time we’d met after lunching with him and Margaret: “I am grateful for all the new friendships I have made because of Lewis and Tolkien.”

      Thanks, Glen, for all the fun and the friends we have had—including each other—because of your foundation of the MS.  GoodKnight, sweet prince, and may flights of angels and the pipers of dawn sing you back home.

      Mike

      Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 7:07 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Funeral Service

      Thank you, Lynn.

      Is there an on-line address for condolence notes?

      Mike

      Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 5:14 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Funeral Service

      Bonnie has posted the following:

      "The funeral time has finally been set.

      Rose Hills, 3888 Workman Mill Rd. Whittier, CA 90601

      Saturday, Nov 13th, 2010 @ 11:00 am sharp.

      ...A separate private viewing for close family & selected friends will be held on Friday, Nov 12, the day before.

      In Sorrow, -Ken"

      Go hug your loved ones--
      -- Lynn --

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5597 (20101106) __________

      http://www.eset.com

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5597 (20101106) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • lynnmaudlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2010
        I've asked Bonnie over on the Facebook Mythopoeic Society group page... when she answers, I'll post that here, too.

        *sigh*
        -- Lynn --