In memoriam Glen GoodKnight

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 5, 2010
      Bonnie Callahan just posted on Facebook:

      "I regret to inform all Mythopoeic Society members here on Facebook that Glen GoodKnight passed away on Wednesday night. He had been in poor health for a number of years, but was actively participating in many online activities, cataloging his collection for eventual sale/donation, and appeared to be in stable condition.

      If anyone wishes to respond to this post I'm the contact person.

      Thank you, BG Callahan"

      This is terrible news. How sad!
    • herenistarion
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 5, 2010
        Thank you Carl for sharing here, just saw Bonnies post as well, and made our own little post. Very sorry and saddened to hear it, very glad we did have a chance to meet with him in 2007 and spend a few moments chatting.

        Anthony and Jessica

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...> wrote:

        > Bonnie Callahan just posted on Facebook:
        >
        > "I regret to inform all Mythopoeic Society members here on Facebook that Glen GoodKnight passed away on Wednesday night. He had been in poor health for a number of years, but was actively participating in many online activities, cataloging his collection for eventual sale/donation, and appeared to be in stable condition.
        >
        > If anyone wishes to respond to this post I'm the contact person.
        >
        > Thank you, BG Callahan"
        >
        > This is terrible news. How sad!

      • Doug Kane
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 6, 2010
          I am sorry to hear of this.  I too am glad that I at least had a brief opportunity to meet Glen and chat with him during the 2009 Mythcon, particularly at the banquet.  He has done so much for our community.

          Rest in peace!

          Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 10:53 PM
          Subject: [mythsoc] Re: In memoriam Glen GoodKnight

          Thank you Carl for sharing here, just saw Bonnies post as well, and made our own little post. Very sorry and saddened to hear it, very glad we did have a chance to meet with him in 2007 and spend a few moments chatting.

          Anthony and Jessica

          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...> wrote:

          > Bonnie Callahan just
          posted on Facebook:

          > "I regret to inform all Mythopoeic Society
          members here on Facebook that Glen GoodKnight passed away on Wednesday night. He had been in poor health for a number of years, but was actively participating in many online activities, cataloging his collection for eventual sale/donation, and appeared to be in stable condition.

          > If anyone wishes to
          respond to this post I'm the contact person.

          > Thank you, BG
          Callahan"

          > This is terrible news. How
          sad!

          No virus found in this message.

        • Jason Fisher
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 6, 2010
            I never got to meet Glen in person, but we corresponded via email. He expressed regret to me that he could not come to Mythcon this past summer, and I am especially sorry for that now. This is a terrible loss. I would like to dedicate the next issue of Mythprint to Glen. If anyone would like to share personal stories or reminiscences in Mythprint, please send them to me directly or share them here (with a note that you don't mind my printing them). Thanks.

            Jason

            Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 10:53 PM

            Thank you Carl for sharing here, just saw Bonnies post as well, and made our own little post. Very sorry and saddened to hear it, very glad we did have a chance to meet with him in 2007 and spend a few moments chatting.

            Anthony and Jessica

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...> wrote:

            > Bonnie Callahan just
            posted on Facebook:

            > "I regret to inform all Mythopoeic Society
            members here on Facebook that Glen GoodKnight passed away on Wednesday night. He had been in poor health for a number of years, but was actively participating in many online activities, cataloging his collection for eventual sale/donation, and appeared to be in stable condition.

            > If anyone wishes to
            respond to this post I'm the contact person.

            > Thank you, BG
            Callahan"

            > This is terrible news. How
            sad!

            No virus found in this message.

          • Mike Foster
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 6, 2010
              I will do so, Jason.  We first met at Mythcon-Tolkien Society combined event in 1987 at Marquette.  Seated next to him, Jo said, “Is this your first Mythcon?” (as it was for us).  He explained patiently.

              We are glad we reconnected at Berkeley and UCLA.

              Mike

              Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:57 AM

              Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 10:53 PM

              Thank you Carl for sharing here, just saw Bonnies post as well, and made our own little post. Very sorry and saddened to hear it, very glad we did have a chance to meet with him in 2007 and spend a few moments chatting.

              Anthony and Jessica

              --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...> wrote:

              > Bonnie Callahan just
              posted on Facebook:

              > "I regret to inform all Mythopoeic Society
              members here on Facebook that Glen GoodKnight passed away on Wednesday night. He had been in poor health for a number of years, but was actively participating in many online activities, cataloging his collection for eventual sale/donation, and appeared to be in stable condition.

              > If anyone wishes to
              respond to this post I'm the contact person.

              > Thank you, BG
              Callahan"

              > This is terrible news. How
              sad!

              No virus found in this message.

              __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5596 (20101106) __________

              http://www.eset.com
            • Edith Crowe
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 6, 2010
                I was shocked and saddened to hear this. There would have been no Mythopoeic Society without Glen, and his death has a real "end of an era" feel about it. Still can hardly believe it.
                --
                Edith Crowe, Corresponding Secretary
                The Mythopoeic Society

                On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Carl F. Hostetter <Aelfwine@...> wrote:

                Bonnie Callahan just posted on Facebook:

                "I regret to inform all Mythopoeic Society members here on Facebook that Glen GoodKnight passed away on Wednesday night. He had been in poor health for a number of years, but was actively participating in many online activities, cataloging his collection for eventual sale/donation, and appeared to be in stable condition.

                If anyone wishes to respond to this post I'm the contact person.

                Thank you, BG Callahan"

                This is terrible news. How sad!

              • lynnmaudlin
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 7, 2010
                  heh! I never heard that story, Mike - very funny!! I'm glad he didn't take umbrage.

                  It's a big loss but also a wonderful opportunity to consider the great things he brought about in the world - the very fact that we're interacting on this mythsoc Yahoo! group is thanks to Glen--

                  -- Lynn --

                  > I will do so, Jason. We first met at Mythcon-Tolkien Society combined event in 1987 at Marquette. Seated next to him, Jo said, “Is this your first Mythcon?” (as it was for us). He explained patiently.
                  >
                  > We are glad we reconnected at Berkeley and UCLA.
                  >
                  > Mike

                • lynnmaudlin
                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 13, 2010
                    Los Angeles Times obituaary: