Dr. Who meets The Hobbit

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
      Sylvester McCoy confirms he will play the part of Radagast in Peter Jackson's Hobbit film(s). David Tennant is supposedly being considered for a part as well, but for me, Dr. Who pretty much ended with McCoy. :)

    • John Rateliff
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2010
        Having just been reminded of McCoy's meager acting skills through watching an episode of BATTLEFIELD just the night before last, I'm glad that if he has to be in the movie it's as a character who might not actually appear onscreen.
           At least it's not Colin Baker. Pity it's not Eccleston, who I think could do quite a good job as a wizard.
           Thanks for the updates, Jason, Sara, and Alana. Having seen the actor who's to play Bilbo for the first time last night as the new HOLMES' Dr. Watson, I have to say he might be able to pull it off.
           Any word on Andy Serkis yet?
          --JDR

        On Oct 25, 2010, at 1:17 PM, Jason Fisher wrote:
        Sylvester McCoy confirms he will play the part of Radagast in Peter Jackson's Hobbit film(s). David Tennant is supposedly being considered for a part as well, but for me, Dr. Who pretty much ended with McCoy. :)

      • Westermeyer GS11 Paul W
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
          > 2a. Dr. Who meets The Hobbit
          > Posted by: "Jason Fisher" visualweasel@... visualweasel
          > Date: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > Sylvester McCoy confirms he will play the part of Radagast in Peter
          > Jackson's
          > Hobbit film(s). David Tennant is supposedly being considered for a part
          > as well,
          > but for me, Dr. Who pretty much ended with McCoy. :)

          I suppose that Jackson will film the White Council meeting, inevitable if he needs to stretch the Hobbit to two films. I imagine we will see lots of stuff from outside the Hobbit proper.

          Hopefully he will not butcher it all too much. I remain unhopeful, however.