  • Jef Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010
      John,

      Despite a couple of mis-attributions in his text, Peter
      Kreeft's "The Philosophy of Tolkien" is, to my mind, a great
      overarching treatment of both Tolkien's and Lewis' philosophical
      and religious underpinnings. Because it approaches the issues
      from a high-level perspective (providing, along the way, a great
      map of the primary and secondary issues associated with
      classical philosophy, the questions posed and the answers
      provided by Tolkien and Lewis), I've always found it
      refreshing...and less likely to bog one down than some
      treatments by other authors.

      Jef

      =================================================================== Mystical Realms - Exploring the boundaries between worlds.....
               http://www.JefMurray.com