Table of Contents -- Fall/Winter 2010 Mythlore

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2010
      I think this may have bounced due to some trouble I was having with my Yahoo account when I first sent it.  In any case, this issue went to the printer today!

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Coming up in the next issue of Mythlore, which will be out in mid-October:

      Dwarves, Spiders, and Murky Woods: J.R.R. Tolkien’s Wonderful Web of Words
              Jason Fisher
      Let Us Now Praise Famous Orcs: Simple Humanity in Tolkien’s Inhuman Creatures
      Robert T. Tally, Jr.
      Myth-Remaking in the Shadow of Vergil: The Captive(-ated) Voice of Ursula K. Le Guin’s Lavinia
              T.S. Miller
      Corrupting Beauty: Rape Narrative in The Silmarillion
              Lynn Whitaker
      The Company They Didn’t Keep: Collaborative Women in the Letters of C.S. Lewis
              Sam McBride
      Master of Doom by Doom Mastered: Heroism, Fate, and Death in The Children of HĂșrin
              Jesse Mitchell
      Germanic Fate and Doom in J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Silmarillion
              Richard J. Whitt
      The Thread on Which Doom Hangs: Free Will, Disobedience, and Eucatastrophe in Tolkien’s Middle-earth
              Janet Brennan Croft
      Simbelmynë: Mortality and Memory in Middle-earth
              William H. Stoddard

      And reviews of
      Tolkien, Race and Cultural History, by Dimitra Fimi;
      Charles Williams and his Contemporaries, by Suzanne Bray and Richard Sturch;
      In the Land of Invented Languages by Arika Okrent;
      Millennial Mythmaking: Essays on the Power of Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature, edited by John Perlich and David Whitt;
      Middle-earth Minstrel: Essays on Music in Tolkien, edited by Bradford Lee Eden;
      Harry Potter and Imagination: The Way Between Two Worlds, by Travis Prinzi;
      Fastitocalon 1.1;
      Theodor SEUSS Geisel by Donald E. Pease.

      Getting down to the wire, but -- there’s still time to get your subscriptions in if you do it right now!