What Is a Message Recall Failure? (Re: Mythprint Books Available for Review)

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19 8:20 AM
      In the past day I've gotten two messages on this mailing list with titles that say "Message Recall Failure: Recall: [mythsoc] Mythprint Books Available for Review".  Each of them has a file attached to it that I couldn't open.  Are these merely bugs in the yahoogroups system?  Should we just ignore them?  Actually, someone should contact the yahoogroups people and tell them that there system doesn't work right.

      Wendell Wagner
    • Jo Foster
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19 9:00 AM

        One was supposedly from me, but I didn’t respond to the message at all.  I thought I had accidentally clicked on something until I saw the second recall message.

        Jo Foster

        In the past day I've gotten two messages on this mailing list with titles that say "Message Recall Failure: Recall: [mythsoc] Mythprint Books Available for Review".  Each of them has a file attached to it that I couldn't open.  Are these merely bugs in the yahoogroups system?  Should we just ignore them?  Actually, someone should contact the yahoogroups people and tell them that there system doesn't work right.

        Wendell Wagner

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5460 (20100918) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5461 (20100919) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • lynnmaudlin
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20 4:46 PM
          Wendell, I assume it's folks who read Yahoo! Groups through their email and they *responded to the email*, thinking it was from Jason and not from the group - therefore, their emails were posted to the group and not sent privately to Jason. Upon realizing this, they tried to recall the message and were unable. "winmail.dat" is some weird attachment that happens with certain email messages; it's not real content.

          When responding by email to Yahoo! Groups, that's also when the weird garbage characters get uploaded....

          -- Lynn --