Re: [mythsoc] Tolkien Documentary

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14 9:40 PM
      I complained recently that the episode "Allegory of Love" of the TV program called Lewis or Inspector Lewis didn't catch the spirit of Oxford for my taste but just annoyed me.  On the other hand, the program mentioned below (a 1968 BBC documentary about Tolkien) does make me feel nostalgic for Oxford.  This is sort of strange, I guess.  Somehow a 1968 TV show reflects my feelings about the time I've spent in Oxford (three months or so total between 1987 and 2005) better than a 2009 TV show does.

      Wendell Wagner

      In a message dated 9/8/2010 9:36:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, john@... writes:
       Apologies if this has been mentioned on the list before, but I came upon this recently which seems well worth a watch:

      If you can get past some laughable sound-bites by students, the Tolkien interview itself is interesting...

      John