Re: [mythsoc] Narnia Choose Your Own Adventure book

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1 7:25 PM
      I'd be interested, but you shd be warned that it's quite the collector's item. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the publisher didn't bother to get permission from the estate before releasing it, so it didn't stay on shelves long.

      --John R.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 7:29 PM
        Narnia choose-your-own-adventure? I can see it now:

        You have passed through the wardrobe and arrived at the lamp-post when a faun approaches you, says "Goodness gracious me!" and drops all his packages. Do you:

        1) Say "Good evening" and politely introduce yourself?
        2) Grab as many packages as you can and run?
        3) Offer him some Turkish delight?
      • Westermeyer GS11 Paul W
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2 5:57 AM
          > 1c. Re: Narnia Choose Your Own Adventure book
          > Posted by: "David Bratman" dbratman@... dbratman1
          > Date: Wed Sep 1, 2010 7:29 pm ((PDT))
          >
          > Narnia choose-your-own-adventure? I can see it now:
          >
          > You have passed through the wardrobe and arrived at the lamp-post when
          > a faun approaches you, says "Goodness gracious me!" and drops all his
          > packages. Do you:
          >
          > 1) Say "Good evening" and politely introduce yourself?
          > 2) Grab as many packages as you can and run?
          > 3) Offer him some Turkish delight?

          Heh-heh. I immediately thought of Robot Chicken's Narnia spoof. Disturbing but hilarious. :)

          Paul Westermeyer
          Historian, History Division
          Marine Corps University
          Paul.Westermeyer@...
          http://www.history.usmc.mil

          "The first law for the historian is that he shall never dare utter an untruth. The second is that he shall suppress nothing that is true. Moreover, there shall be no suspicion of partiality in his writing, or of malice." Marcus Tullius Cicero, De Oratore, II.XV,62
        • Mariette Knoblauch
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2 8:11 AM
            >I'd be interested, but you shd be warned that it's quite the >collector's
            item. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the publisher >didn't bother to get permission from the estate before >releasing it, so it didn't stay on shelves long.

            >--John R.

            I wish! Amazon has 11 copies starting at $1.95.

            You can certainly have it if you like. Possibly I can manage to get to a Mithlond meeting that you're going to.

            Mariette