Narnia Choose Your Own Adventure book

  • dbltall42
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      I have a paperback book - "Narnia Solo Games #4 The Lost Crowns of Cair Paravel" by Gerald Lientz, from 1988. It is yellowing and has some dog-eared pages.

      If anyone collects these or is interested, I can send it to you. Otherwise, it's going to Goodwill, as I need to make some space on my shelves.

      Thanks,
      Mariette
    • John Rateliff
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
        I'd be interested, but you shd be warned that it's quite the collector's item. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the publisher didn't bother to get permission from the estate before releasing it, so it didn't stay on shelves long.

        --John R.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
          Narnia choose-your-own-adventure? I can see it now:

          You have passed through the wardrobe and arrived at the lamp-post when a faun approaches you, says "Goodness gracious me!" and drops all his packages. Do you:

          1) Say "Good evening" and politely introduce yourself?
          2) Grab as many packages as you can and run?
          3) Offer him some Turkish delight?
        • Westermeyer GS11 Paul W
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
            > 1c. Re: Narnia Choose Your Own Adventure book
            > Posted by: "David Bratman" dbratman@... dbratman1
            > Date: Wed Sep 1, 2010 7:29 pm ((PDT))
            >
            > Narnia choose-your-own-adventure? I can see it now:
            >
            > You have passed through the wardrobe and arrived at the lamp-post when
            > a faun approaches you, says "Goodness gracious me!" and drops all his
            > packages. Do you:
            >
            > 1) Say "Good evening" and politely introduce yourself?
            > 2) Grab as many packages as you can and run?
            > 3) Offer him some Turkish delight?

            Heh-heh. I immediately thought of Robot Chicken's Narnia spoof. Disturbing but hilarious. :)

            Paul Westermeyer
            Historian, History Division
            Marine Corps University
            Paul.Westermeyer@...
            http://www.history.usmc.mil

            "The first law for the historian is that he shall never dare utter an untruth. The second is that he shall suppress nothing that is true. Moreover, there shall be no suspicion of partiality in his writing, or of malice." Marcus Tullius Cicero, De Oratore, II.XV,62
          • Mariette Knoblauch
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
              >I'd be interested, but you shd be warned that it's quite the >collector's
              item. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the publisher >didn't bother to get permission from the estate before >releasing it, so it didn't stay on shelves long.

              >--John R.

              I wish! Amazon has 11 copies starting at $1.95.

              You can certainly have it if you like. Possibly I can manage to get to a Mithlond meeting that you're going to.

              Mariette