Re: [mythsoc] Fwd: the tree that owns itself

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2000
      Anyone who ever went to school in Athens (UGA) or lives in Athens or ever
      visited Athens knows this story, but I can't imagine that the rest of the
      world would find it that interesting <G>. The land that the tree is on is
      very small, and the roots system is probably in trouble, but I am no
      naturalist, so that is IMHO. There is also a double-barrelled cannon (never
      fired, supposedly)from the War between the States near the City Courthouse,
      if you are looking for other strange things there.

      Kim, former and future resident of the Classic City