Re: [mythsoc] Re: absurd used book prices

  • Zachary Bos
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2010
      When books aren't widely available yet, many resellers will mark-up
      prices 100-fold, to see, as Lynn suggests, what the market will bear.
      A colleague of mine had his book published in Holland, a scholarly
      treatment of Persian poetry, and before the publisher had made
      arrangements for a standard listing to appear on Amazon, a reseller
      posted the book on its own Amazon account, for 40 times the cover
      price. It's the usual speculation of a product the market hasn't price
      yet.

      - Zachary