British sources for fantasy books

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2000
      For those who were looking for a British source for fantasy, science fiction,
      and horror books (and I also get Sherlock Holmes pastiches and copies of
      _Interzone_ magazine from them), may I suggest Andromeda Books, 2-5 Suffolk
      Street, Birmingham B1 1LT? Their telephone number is (011) 44-121-643-1999
      (if you're calling from North America) and their website is
      http://andromedabook.co.uk although I've never used it for ordering. They're
      one of the two big science fiction and fantasy bookstores in the U.K. (The
      other is Forbidden Planet in London, which I've never used. Hmm, I just did
      a search and I couldn't find a website for them. Do they still exist?)

      I do my ordering by mail. Amazon probably has an easier to search backlist,
      but Andromeda, like a lot of big bookstores, has authors regularly doing
      signings. I have on order, for instance, the new book by Iain Banks for
      which I've ordered a signed copy.