Re: [mythsoc] Books for Review (Mythprint)

  • Troels Forchhammer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19 12:37 PM
      Hi Jason

      I suppose that I'm too late now, but on the off-chance that everyone else have been on holiday, I'll just say that I wouldn't mind doing a review of either the Sebök or the Timea book. Since they're in PDF I suppose you can send them on e-mail, but in any case my address is

      Troels Forchhammer
      Vildkildevej 16
      DK-2640 Hedehusene
      Denmark

      I suppose you have a long list of people who'd like to review the various Tolkien scholarship books, but in case you need an extra temp, I'll happily volunteer ;-)

      Cheers,
      Troels Forchhammer

      On 14 July 2010 20:11, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

      Hello, everyone. I have new books available for review in Mythprint. If you're interested in reviewing any of these, let me know. Please save me the trouble of looking you up in Mything Persons and just give me your address when you request books. What a pity these didn't arrive a few days ago, so I could have simply handed them out, rather than mailing them, but c'est la vie. Once a fair number of these have gone, I'll post an updated list with the remainders. Oh, and a reminder -- please send me conference reports on Mythcon 41 as soon as you can. I've received one so far, but I want more! And don't forget to send your Mythcon 41 photos to Randy at webmaster@.... I should be able to incorporate a few photos into the special issue as well. I know we're all digging out from under a big pile of work, but please take a little time to do it before you forget. :)

      Best,
      Jason

      And now .... nom nom nom nom!

      Fiction

      Kelley Armstrong. Frostbitten (Bantam, 2010). [Paranormal romance / urban fantasy]

      Terry Brooks. A Princess of Landover (Del Rey, 2010). [Fantasy]

      Sydney Croft. Tempting the Fire (Bantam, 2010). [Paranormal romance / urban fantasy]

      Christopher Golden and Tim Lebbon. The Chamber of Ten (Ballantine, 2010). [Urban fantasy]

      Laurell K. Hamilton. Divine Misdemeanors (Ballantine, 2010). [Faerie romance; 8th book in the Meredith Gentry series]

      Stacia Kane. City of Ghosts (Del Rey, 2010). [Urban fantasy / paranormal romance]

      Drew Karpyshyn. Mass Effect: Retribution (Del Rey, 2010). [Science-fiction; based on a video game]

      Todd McCaffrey. Dragongirl (Del Rey Hardcover, 2010). [Fanstasy; 16th novel in the Pern series]

      Kelly Meding. As Lie the Dead (Dell, 2010). [Paranormal romance / urban fantasy]

      Jack Rogan. The Ocean Dark (Ballantine, 2010). [Horror / thriller]

      S.A. Swann. Wolf’s Cross (Ballantine, 2010). [Crusades-era werewolf fiction; that’s a genre, right? ;)]

      Harry Turtledove. The War That Came Early: West and East (Del Rey Hardcover, 2010). [Alternate history]

      Nonfiction

      Krisztina Sebők. Roots of Middle-earth [,] Seeds of Fantasy: Mythical and Literary Heritage in The Lord of the Rings, and J.R.R. Tolkien’s Classic as Fantasy (VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, 2008). [PDF]

      Hosszu Csilla Timea. The Lord of the Rings: Quilting an English, Pagan-Christian Mythology: Diving into a Fantasy World (VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, 2009). [PDF]

      Matthew Young. Projecting Tolkien’s Musical Worlds: A Study of Musical Affect in Howard Shore’s Soundtrack to Lord of the Rings (VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, 2007). [PDF]

      --
          Love while you've got
              love to give.