Re: [mythsoc] Mythcon 2011?

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2010
      On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Ellen <carnimiriel@...> wrote:

      > Were the location and dates for Mythcon 2011 announced in Dallas?  I haven't been able to attend the last few and really would love to plan for next year.

      Next year's Mythcon will be in Albuquerque, at the University of New
      Mexico, July 15-18. Visit <http://www.mythsoc.org/mythcon/42> to
      learn more. Hope you can make it!

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean56@...>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2010
        Unless I was misinformed (I missed the closing ceremony, but I was told that this was announced there), Mythcon will be in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2011, in Berkeley, California in 2012, and in East Lansing, Michigan in 2013.

        Wendell Wagner

        In a message dated 7/15/2010 9:37:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, carnimiriel@... writes:

        Were the location and dates for Mythcon 2011 announced in Dallas?  I haven't been able to attend the last few and really would love to plan for next year.

        Ellen Denham

      • lynnmaudlin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18, 2010
          Yes, there was a flier from Mythcon 42 in the Registration packet and Mythcon 44 (2013 in East Lansing, MI) has been approved. We have not yet approved a bid for Berkeley in 2012 but we did *solicit* a bid and Eric Rauscher responded positively. Since the Bay Area folks are highly experienced at running Mythcons, I expect that's highly likely to happen. As soon as we've got dates and details, we'll announce.

          BUT in the meantime, our focus is next year in Albuquerque! Go, Leslie!!!

          -- Lynn --

          > Unless I was misinformed (I missed the closing ceremony, but I was told
          > that this was announced there), Mythcon will be in Albuquerque, New Mexico in
          > 2011, in Berkeley, California in 2012, and in East Lansing, Michigan in
          > 2013.
          >
          > Wendell Wagner
          >

          > In a message dated 7/15/2010 9:37:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          > carnimiriel@... writes:
          >

          > Were the location and dates for Mythcon 2011 announced in Dallas? I
          > haven't been able to attend the last few and really would love to plan for next
          > year.
          >
          > Ellen Denham

        • drldonovan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 19, 2010
            Lynn is correct (as always!). The dates for Mythcon 42 are very firm-- July 15-18, 2011. It would take a LOT of highly and completely unimaginable issues for us to have to change these dates.

            Although we wanted to have Mythcon 42 later, unfortunately, we simply could not make that happen, given certain requirements our local committee has been dealing with in regard to scheduling space, etc. So, I apologize to all of those who had encouraged us to set an early August or very late July date. We tried hard, but could not make that work at all. The absolute latest we could do it are the dates we have now-- again, July 15-18.

            But, I promise that we have already been working hard to make sure it equals the high standards Mythcon 41 in Dallas set. We are committed to making Mythcon 42 not only wonderful in terms of programming and fun events, but also very, very physically comfortable with some options for choosing your own comfort level.

            Please feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions-ldonovan@....

            Leslie

            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "lynnmaudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

            > Yes, there was a flier from Mythcon 42 in the Registration packet and Mythcon 44 (2013 in East Lansing, MI) has been approved. We have not yet approved a bid for Berkeley in 2012 but we did *solicit* a bid and Eric Rauscher responded positively. Since the Bay Area folks are highly experienced at running Mythcons, I expect that's highly likely to happen. As soon as we've got dates and details, we'll announce.
            >
            > BUT in the meantime, our focus is next year in Albuquerque! Go, Leslie!!!
            >
            > -- Lynn --
            >

            > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, WendellWag@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Unless I was misinformed (I missed the closing ceremony, but I was told
            > > that this was announced there), Mythcon will be in Albuquerque, New Mexico in
            > > 2011, in Berkeley, California in 2012, and in East Lansing, Michigan in
            > > 2013.
            > >
            > > Wendell Wagner
            > >

            > > In a message dated 7/15/2010 9:37:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            > > carnimiriel@ writes:
            > >

            > > Were the location and dates for Mythcon 2011 announced in Dallas? I
            > > haven't been able to attend the last few and really would love to plan for next
            > > year.
            > >
            > > Ellen Denham

          • lynnmaudlin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20, 2010
              > Lynn is correct (as always!).

              Sorry, I just had to revel in that for a moment longer. Don't forget, you read it here first!!

              ;D

              -- Lynn --