Books available for review

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2010
      I have the following items available for review in Mythlore.  If you are coming to Mythcon and would like to review one of them, please contact me off-list at Mythlore@mythsoc.org and I’ll bring it along!

      The Mythological Dimensions of Doctor Who. Edited by Anthony Burdge, Jessica Burke, and Kristine Larsen.

      Tricksters and Punks of Asia by Phil Nicks

      The Law and Harry Potter. Edited by Jeffery E. Thomas and Franklin G. Snyder

      Harry Potter and Imagination: The Way Between Two Worlds by Travis Prinzi

      The Rose on the Ash-Heap by Owen Barfield

      Janet Brennan Croft

    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2013

        Some general fantasy titles available for review in Mythlore. Please contact me if you are interested:

        Stypczynski, Brent. The Modern Literary Werewolf.

        Joshi, S.T., ed. Critical Essays on Lord Dunsany.

        Alston, Ann and Catherine Butler, eds. Roald Dahl (New Palgrave Casebooks)

        Bobby, Susan Reddington. Beyond His Dark Materials: Innocence and Experience in the Fiction of Philip Pullman.

        Saxena, Vandana. The Subversive Harry Potter: Adolescent Rebellion and Containment in the J.K. Rowling Novels

        Information on reviewing at http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/reviewers/

        Janet Brennan Croft

        Associate Professor
        Head of Access and Delivery Services
        University of Oklahoma Libraries
        Bizzell 106NW
        Norman OK 73019
        405-325-1918
        Fax 405-325-7618
        jbcroft@...
        http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft

        http://libraries.ou.edu/

        “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.

      • Boldingbroke
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2013
          I'd be willing to review The Modern Literary Werewolf for you, if it's still available.

          Sharon L. Bolding, PhD
          Boldingbroke Consulting
          boldingbroke@...
          Skype: Boldingbroke