Re: [mythsoc] Re: Authors at Mythcon this year

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
      Welcome! I think you will find some interest in your topic at Mythcon.

      Our organizers may have their own plans, of course, but Mythcon is small enough that formal signing sessions are generally unnecessary. Bring along a copy of your book to your presentation so you can tell attendees that it exists, and you might have a few copies - remember we are interested in books but we're also a small convention - either to sell yourself or see if you can find a friendly bookseller in the dealer's room to carry them.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
        Welcome to the list, Denise. See you at Mythcon.
        --John R.

        On Jun 19, 2010, at 10:53 AM, PhoenixWeasley wrote:
        > Hi! my name is Denise Roper, and I'm a new member of this Yahoo group. I have been a member of the Mythopoeic Society for a few years, but have not ever been to a Mythcon. That is about to change, of course. I'm giving my first-ever Mythcon presentation in Dallas this summer.
        >
        > I am the author of a book called The Lord of the Hallows: Christian Symbolism and Themes in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter. You can find out more about it if you visit my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com Would I be allowed to do a book signing at Mythcon 41? I have books that I can bring, along with promotional materials to give away. Please let me know about this.
        >
        > Anyway, I'd like to be added to the author list if you don't mind. Thanks!
      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
          Denise,
              You will discover, as many of us have, that the Mythopoeic community is one of the most generous and convivial you will ever encounter.

              You will meet many new colleagues.  The merrier for being the more.

          Mike

          Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 5:10 PM
          Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Re: Authors at Mythcon this year

          http://www.eset.com

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5210 (20100619) __________

          http://www.eset.com
        • lynnmaudlin
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
            Mike, I think that's a correction you need to make to Marion Van Loo; I believe she (as membership sec'ty) generates that info...

            -- Lynn --

            > And add Melody S. Green from our Far Westfarthing smial, who has an essay in the new Burdge-Burke book on Dr. Who.
            >
            > And, way the bye, MYTHPRINT editor if you are reading this, the Far Westies smial of Peoria Heights is NOT a prospective Group. At least Jo, Melody and I [and maybe Adam Smith] are members and we three we'll be at Mythcon presenting divers doodahs in three weeks. Correction, please.
            >
            > Mike

          • lynnmaudlin
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
              Ditto! welcome Denise and looking forward to meeting you at Mythcon in a MATTER OF WEEKS!!! wow... time flies. <bzzzzzzzz>

              -- Lynn --