New Member

  • PhoenixWeasley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2010
      Hi! My name is Denise Roper, and although I am not a new member of the Mythopoeic Society, I am a new member of this Yahoo group. I'll be attending my first Mythcon this summer and am looking forward to meeting all of you.

      My paper for Mythcon 41 is entitled "The Lord of the Horcruxes: The Immortal Soul and the Eternal War Between Good and Evil in the Fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien and J.K. Rowling." Although this is my first Mythcon, I have been a presenter on the deeper meaning of the Harry Potter series at the Portus 2008 and Azkatraz 2009 Harry Potter symposia. I will also be presenting at the upcoming Infinitus 2010 Harry Potter event in Orlando.

      I am the author of a book called "The Lord of the Hallows: Christian Symbolism and Themes in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter," which is available from Outskirts Press. You can find out more about the book, my upcoming convention appearances, and much more by visiting my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com Please leave a comment if you visit it. Thanks!

      Denise Roper