Re: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon this year

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
      Hi, Wendell,

      Unfortunately, neither James Owen nor Carl Hostetter will be attending this year after all. But you can add at least the following to your list of authors, as you've defined them (I will not rehearse their vitae here, but you can certainly inquire with me if you need further bona fides):

      Sarah Beach
      Merlin DeTardo
      Leslie Donovan
      Jason Fisher
      Judy Ford
      Mike Foster
      Valerie Frankel
      John Wm. Houghton
      Gary Hunnewell
      Michael Milburn*
      David Oberhelman
      Anne Collins Smith

      * New to the game; but he has an essay in the forthcoming Tolkien Studies.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
        And add Melody S. Green from our Far Westfarthing smial, who has an essay in the new Burdge-Burke book on Dr. Who.

        And, way the bye, MYTHPRINT editor if you are reading this, the Far Westies smial of Peoria Heights is NOT a prospective Group.  At least Jo, Melody and I [and maybe Adam Smith] are members and we three we'll be at Mythcon presenting divers doodahs in three weeks.  Correction, please.

        Mike

        Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 11:57 AM
        Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon this year

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5210 (20100619) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
          Mike, where does it say you're a prospective group? Was that in Mythprint or on the Mythsoc website? Your answer will dictate who makes the correction(s)! And either way, thanks.

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
            Hi! my name is Denise Roper, and I'm a new member of this Yahoo group. I have been a member of the Mythopoeic Society for a few years, but have not ever been to a Mythcon. That is about to change, of course. I'm giving my first-ever Mythcon presentation in Dallas this summer.

            I am the author of a book called The Lord of the Hallows: Christian Symbolism and Themes in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter. You can find out more about it if you visit my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com Would I be allowed to do a book signing at Mythcon 41? I have books that I can bring, along with promotional materials to give away. Please let me know about this.

            Anyway, I'd like to be added to the author list if you don't mind. Thanks!

            > Mike, where does it say you're a prospective group? Was that in Mythprint or on the Mythsoc website? Your answer will dictate who makes the correction(s)! And either way, thanks.
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Mike Foster
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
              Mythprint, May 2010, p. 9.

              Thanks,
              Mike

              Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 12:17 PM

            • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                Ahem. I am author of THE SCRIBBLER'S GUIDE TO THE LAND OF MYTH.

                I really should do something about bettering my promotion.

                Sarah

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                  Christopher Gilson has told me that he's not attending Mythcon this year.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                    Welcome! I think you will find some interest in your topic at Mythcon.

                    Our organizers may have their own plans, of course, but Mythcon is small enough that formal signing sessions are generally unnecessary. Bring along a copy of your book to your presentation so you can tell attendees that it exists, and you might have a few copies - remember we are interested in books but we're also a small convention - either to sell yourself or see if you can find a friendly bookseller in the dealer's room to carry them.

                    >Hi! my name is Denise Roper, and I'm a new member of this Yahoo group. I have been a member of the Mythopoeic Society for a few years, but have not ever been to a Mythcon. That is about to change, of course. I'm giving my first-ever Mythcon presentation in Dallas this summer.
                    >
                    >I am the author of a book called The Lord of the Hallows: Christian Symbolism and Themes in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter. You can find out more about it if you visit my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com. Would I be allowed to do a book signing at Mythcon 41? I have books that I can bring, along with promotional materials to give away. Please let me know about this.
                    >
                    >Anyway, I'd like to be added to the author list if you don't mind. Thanks!
                    >
                    >--- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Mike, where does it say you're a prospective group? Was that in Mythprint or on the Mythsoc website? Your answer will dictate who makes the correction(s)! And either way, thanks.
                    >>

                    >> ________________________________

                  • John Rateliff
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                      Welcome to the list, Denise. See you at Mythcon.
                      --John R.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                        Denise,
                            You will discover, as many of us have, that the Mythopoeic community is one of the most generous and convivial you will ever encounter.

                            You will meet many new colleagues.  The merrier for being the more.

                        Mike

                        Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 5:10 PM
                        Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Re: Authors at Mythcon this year

                        Welcome to the list, Denise. See you at Mythcon.
                        --John R.

                        On Jun 19, 2010, at 10:53 AM, PhoenixWeasley wrote:

                        > Hi! my name is Denise
                        Roper, and I'm a new member of this Yahoo group. I have been a member of the Mythopoeic Society for a few years, but have not ever been to a Mythcon. That is about to change, of course. I'm giving my first-ever Mythcon presentation in Dallas this summer.

                        > I am the author of a book called The Lord
                        of the Hallows: Christian Symbolism and Themes in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter. You can find out more about it if you visit my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com. Would I be allowed to do a book signing at Mythcon 41? I have books that I can bring, along with promotional materials to give away. Please let me know about this.

                        > Anyway, I'd like to be added to the author list if you
                        don't mind. Thanks!

                        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5210 (20100619) __________

                        http://www.eset.com

                        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5210 (20100619) __________

                        http://www.eset.com
                      • lynnmaudlin
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                          Mike, I think that's a correction you need to make to Marion Van Loo; I believe she (as membership sec'ty) generates that info...

                          -- Lynn --

                          > And add Melody S. Green from our Far Westfarthing smial, who has an essay in the new Burdge-Burke book on Dr. Who.
                          >
                          > And, way the bye, MYTHPRINT editor if you are reading this, the Far Westies smial of Peoria Heights is NOT a prospective Group. At least Jo, Melody and I [and maybe Adam Smith] are members and we three we'll be at Mythcon presenting divers doodahs in three weeks. Correction, please.
                          >
                          > Mike

                        • lynnmaudlin
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                            Ditto! welcome Denise and looking forward to meeting you at Mythcon in a MATTER OF WEEKS!!! wow... time flies. <bzzzzzzzz>

                            -- Lynn --