Authors at Mythcon this year

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
      I'm trying to compile a complete list of authors who will be at Mythcon this year.  I'm just counting those who have written a book or an article included in a book or a non-Mythopoeic magazine.  If I worried about those who wrote articles in Mythprint or Mythlore, I would have to include most of the attendees.  I want to know who I might be able to get a signature from.  Are there any others besides the ones listed below?  Are there any late registrants that I should know about?:

      Tim Powers
      Janet Croft
      A. Lee Martinez
      Shanna Swendson
      Jason Henderson
      Will Clarke
      John Rateliff
      Diana Glyer
      Lou Antonelli
      David Bratman
      Joe Christopher
      Carl Hostetter
      Mark Hooker
      James Owen (Is he still coming?)
      Suzanne Frank
      Arden Smith
      Don Williams
      Christopher Gilson

      Wendell Wagner
    • Jason Fisher
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
        Hi, Wendell,

        Unfortunately, neither James Owen nor Carl Hostetter will be attending this year after all. But you can add at least the following to your list of authors, as you've defined them (I will not rehearse their vitae here, but you can certainly inquire with me if you need further bona fides):

        Sarah Beach
        Merlin DeTardo
        Leslie Donovan
        Jason Fisher
        Judy Ford
        Mike Foster
        Valerie Frankel
        John Wm. Houghton
        Gary Hunnewell
        Michael Milburn*
        David Oberhelman
        Anne Collins Smith

        * New to the game; but he has an essay in the forthcoming Tolkien Studies.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
          And add Melody S. Green from our Far Westfarthing smial, who has an essay in the new Burdge-Burke book on Dr. Who.

          And, way the bye, MYTHPRINT editor if you are reading this, the Far Westies smial of Peoria Heights is NOT a prospective Group.  At least Jo, Melody and I [and maybe Adam Smith] are members and we three we'll be at Mythcon presenting divers doodahs in three weeks.  Correction, please.

          Mike

          Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 11:57 AM
          Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Authors at Mythcon this year

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5210 (20100619) __________

          http://www.eset.com

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
            Mike, where does it say you're a prospective group? Was that in Mythprint or on the Mythsoc website? Your answer will dictate who makes the correction(s)! And either way, thanks.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
              Hi! my name is Denise Roper, and I'm a new member of this Yahoo group. I have been a member of the Mythopoeic Society for a few years, but have not ever been to a Mythcon. That is about to change, of course. I'm giving my first-ever Mythcon presentation in Dallas this summer.

              I am the author of a book called The Lord of the Hallows: Christian Symbolism and Themes in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter. You can find out more about it if you visit my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com Would I be allowed to do a book signing at Mythcon 41? I have books that I can bring, along with promotional materials to give away. Please let me know about this.

              Anyway, I'd like to be added to the author list if you don't mind. Thanks!

              > Mike, where does it say you're a prospective group? Was that in Mythprint or on the Mythsoc website? Your answer will dictate who makes the correction(s)! And either way, thanks.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Mike Foster
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                Mythprint, May 2010, p. 9.

                Thanks,
                Mike

                Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 12:17 PM

              • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                  Ahem. I am author of THE SCRIBBLER'S GUIDE TO THE LAND OF MYTH.

                  I really should do something about bettering my promotion.

                  Sarah

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                    Christopher Gilson has told me that he's not attending Mythcon this year.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                      Welcome! I think you will find some interest in your topic at Mythcon.

                      Our organizers may have their own plans, of course, but Mythcon is small enough that formal signing sessions are generally unnecessary. Bring along a copy of your book to your presentation so you can tell attendees that it exists, and you might have a few copies - remember we are interested in books but we're also a small convention - either to sell yourself or see if you can find a friendly bookseller in the dealer's room to carry them.

                      >Hi! my name is Denise Roper, and I'm a new member of this Yahoo group. I have been a member of the Mythopoeic Society for a few years, but have not ever been to a Mythcon. That is about to change, of course. I'm giving my first-ever Mythcon presentation in Dallas this summer.
                      >
                      >I am the author of a book called The Lord of the Hallows: Christian Symbolism and Themes in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter. You can find out more about it if you visit my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com. Would I be allowed to do a book signing at Mythcon 41? I have books that I can bring, along with promotional materials to give away. Please let me know about this.
                      >
                      >Anyway, I'd like to be added to the author list if you don't mind. Thanks!
                      >
                      >--- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Mike, where does it say you're a prospective group? Was that in Mythprint or on the Mythsoc website? Your answer will dictate who makes the correction(s)! And either way, thanks.
                      >>

                      >> ________________________________

                    • John Rateliff
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                        Welcome to the list, Denise. See you at Mythcon.
                        --John R.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                          Denise,
                              You will discover, as many of us have, that the Mythopoeic community is one of the most generous and convivial you will ever encounter.

                              You will meet many new colleagues.  The merrier for being the more.

                          Mike

                          Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 5:10 PM
                          Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Re: Authors at Mythcon this year

                          Welcome to the list, Denise. See you at Mythcon.
                          --John R.

                          On Jun 19, 2010, at 10:53 AM, PhoenixWeasley wrote:

                          > Hi! my name is Denise
                          Roper, and I'm a new member of this Yahoo group. I have been a member of the Mythopoeic Society for a few years, but have not ever been to a Mythcon. That is about to change, of course. I'm giving my first-ever Mythcon presentation in Dallas this summer.

                          > I am the author of a book called The Lord
                          of the Hallows: Christian Symbolism and Themes in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter. You can find out more about it if you visit my blog at http://phoenixweasley.wordpress.com. Would I be allowed to do a book signing at Mythcon 41? I have books that I can bring, along with promotional materials to give away. Please let me know about this.

                          > Anyway, I'd like to be added to the author list if you
                          don't mind. Thanks!

                          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5210 (20100619) __________

                          http://www.eset.com

                          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5210 (20100619) __________

                          http://www.eset.com
                        • lynnmaudlin
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                            Mike, I think that's a correction you need to make to Marion Van Loo; I believe she (as membership sec'ty) generates that info...

                            -- Lynn --

                            > And add Melody S. Green from our Far Westfarthing smial, who has an essay in the new Burdge-Burke book on Dr. Who.
                            >
                            > And, way the bye, MYTHPRINT editor if you are reading this, the Far Westies smial of Peoria Heights is NOT a prospective Group. At least Jo, Melody and I [and maybe Adam Smith] are members and we three we'll be at Mythcon presenting divers doodahs in three weeks. Correction, please.
                            >
                            > Mike

                          • lynnmaudlin
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 19, 2010
                              Ditto! welcome Denise and looking forward to meeting you at Mythcon in a MATTER OF WEEKS!!! wow... time flies. <bzzzzzzzz>

                              -- Lynn --