Fwd: Paper call

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2000
      > > >Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:21:42 -0500
      > > >From: milliew <milliew@...>
      > > >Subject: Diana Wynne Jones

      > > >Calling all Diana Wynne Jones scholars! A British publisher
      has expressed interest in a possible collection of essays about
      Jones. I need contributors who can send me a title and abstract for
      a proposed article as soon as possible. You wouldn't actually have
      to write the article yet. If the book proposal is accepted, someone
      will come after you with a big stick. The editors are open to any
      and all ideas about Jones's work, including her science fiction for
      adults, her place in the world of literature, her vast superiority over
      J. K. Rowling, etc. (We sold the publisher on the collection based
      on the current popularity of fantasy literature due to Harry Potter.)
      We would love to have contributors from Britain and the
      Commonwealth countries and from people of the male persuasion
      since most of our confirmed contributors are American females.

      If you are interested, please e-mail any questions or
      abstracts to Donna R. White at the following address:
      milliew@.... And
      please forward this message to any person or list-serv that might be
      interested. I have only posted to child_lit.

      Donna R. White