Re: [mythsoc] Books for Review for Mythprint!

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 8 , May 24 3:58 PM
      Jason,
          I'd be interested in reviewing Brad Eden's book, please & thank you.

      Mike

      Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 4:11 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Books for Review for Mythprint!

      I currently have ten books available for review in Mythprint. If you have an interest in one (or more) of these, send me an email inquiry. I’m looking to get a few of these done sooner rather than later, so if there’s a motivated reviewer out there, please speak up! :)

      Thanks much,

      Jason

      Fiction

      Farmer’s and Mercenaries: Book One of the Genesis of Oblivion Saga, by Maxwell Alexander Drake

      The Heir of Night: The Wall of Night, Book One, by Helen Lowe

      The Santa Louise Kid – Murder, T. Robert Yani

      White Ravens (New Stories from the Mabinogion), Owen Sheers

      The Ninth Wave (New Stories from the Mabinogion), Russell Celyn Jones

      The Scarecrow and the Storms: Golgrim’s Keys (plus, The Scarecrow and the Storms: Golgrim’s Keys Book of Adventure, a kind of Choose-Your- Own Adventure supplement to the novel), by M. Simonson and R.M. Gilete

      Nonfiction

      The Mythological Dimensions of Doctor Who, eds. Anthony Burdge, Jessica Burke, and Kristine Larsen

      Languages, Myths and History: An Introduction to the Linguistic and Literary Background of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Fiction, Elizabeth Solopova

      Middle-earth Minstrel: Essays on Music in Tolkien, ed. Bradford Lee Eden

      The Hobbitonian Anthology of Articles about J.R.R. Tolkien and his Legendarium, Mark T. Hooker

      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5142 (20100524) __________

      http://www.eset.com

      Message 2 of 8 , May 24 4:08 PM
        Jason -

        I would be happy to take Solopova and Hooker. (Brad Eden's book would be
        inappropriate for me, as I have an article in it, and I'd be very interested
        in seeing David Emerson's take on it.)

        David Bratman

        Message 3 of 8 , May 24 4:54 PM
          Jason,
              My reviewing & interviewing plate is more full than a Scotsman's at Countryside Buffet, and my old bandmate Emerson knows about music than I do, and I have a vague buddy conflict because Brad  helped saved "The Lord Of The Ringos" lean and streaky ten days ago, so the Senator from Far Westfarthing defers to the Senator from Mipples.  Send it to Emerson.

          Mike

        • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
          Message 4 of 8 , May 25 9:58 AM
            Well, since others are jumping in.... I'll take on the two fiction
            entries from the "New stories from the Mabinogion" series (White Ravens
            and Nineth Wave).

            If you need my address, Jason, let me know.

            Sarah Beach

          • diane1@zoomtown.com
            Message 5 of 8 , May 26 9:30 AM
              Has the Helen Lowe already been claimed?

              ---- scribbler@... wrote:
              > Well, since others are jumping in.... I'll take on the two fiction
              > entries from the "New stories from the Mabinogion" series (White Ravens
              > and Nineth Wave).
              >
              > If you need my address, Jason, let me know.
              >
              > Sarah Beach
              >

              > > I currently have ten books available for review in Mythprint. If you have
              > > an interest in one (or more) of these, send me an email inquiry. I’m
              > > looking to get a few of these done sooner rather than later, so if
              > > there’s a motivated reviewer out there, please speak up! :)
              > >
              > > Thanks much,
              > > Jason
              > >

              > > Fiction
              > >
              > > Farmer’s and Mercenaries: Book One of the Genesis of Oblivion Saga, by
              > > Maxwell Alexander Drake
              > >
              > > The Heir of Night: The Wall of Night, Book One, by Helen Lowe
              > >
              > > The Santa Louise Kid – Murder, T. Robert Yani
              > >
              > > White Ravens(New Stories from the Mabinogion), Owen Sheers
              > >
              > > The Ninth Wave(New Stories from the Mabinogion), Russell Celyn Jones
              > >
              > > The Scarecrow and the Storms: Golgrim’s Keys(plus, The Scarecrow and the
              > > Storms: Golgrim’s Keys Book of Adventure, a kind of Choose-Your-Own
              > > Adventure supplement to the novel), by M. Simonson and R.M. Gilete
              > >
              > > Nonfiction
              > >
              > > The Mythological Dimensions of Doctor Who, eds. Anthony Burdge, Jessica
              > > Burke, and Kristine Larsen
              > >
              > > Languages, Myths and History: An Introduction to the Linguistic and
              > > Literary Background of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Fiction, Elizabeth Solopova
              > >
              > > Middle-earth Minstrel: Essays on Music in Tolkien, ed. Bradford Lee Eden
              > >
              > > The Hobbitonian Anthology of Articles about J.R.R. Tolkien and his
              > > Legendarium, Mark T. Hooker

            • Jason Fisher
              Message 6 of 8 , May 26 10:38 AM
                Yes, that one's been spoken for. I still have the books by Drake, Yani, and Simonson & Gilete, if you (or anyone else) would care for any of those. Let me know. :)

                Thanks,
                Jason

                ---- scribbler@... wrote:

                > Well, since others are jumping in.... I'll take on the two fiction
                > entries from the "New stories from the Mabinogion" series (White Ravens
                > and Nineth Wave).
                >
                > If you need my address, Jason, let me know.
                >
                > Sarah Beach
                >

                > > I currently have ten books available for review in Mythprint. If you have
                > > an interest in one (or more) of these, send me an email inquiry. Iâm
                > > looking to get a few of these done sooner rather than later, so if
                > > thereâs a motivated reviewer out there, please speak up! :)
                > >
                > > Thanks much,
                > > Jason

                Fiction