Re: [mythsoc] Books for Review for Mythprint!

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 24, 2010

      I volunteer for Middle-earth Minstrel: Essays on Music in Tolkien.

      David Emerson

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 8 , May 24, 2010
        Jason,
            I'd be interested in reviewing Brad Eden's book, please & thank you.

        Mike

        Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 4:11 PM
        Subject: [mythsoc] Books for Review for Mythprint!

        I currently have ten books available for review in Mythprint. If you have an interest in one (or more) of these, send me an email inquiry. I’m looking to get a few of these done sooner rather than later, so if there’s a motivated reviewer out there, please speak up! :)

        Thanks much,

        Jason

        Fiction

        Farmer’s and Mercenaries: Book One of the Genesis of Oblivion Saga, by Maxwell Alexander Drake

        The Heir of Night: The Wall of Night, Book One, by Helen Lowe

        The Santa Louise Kid – Murder, T. Robert Yani

        White Ravens (New Stories from the Mabinogion), Owen Sheers

        The Ninth Wave (New Stories from the Mabinogion), Russell Celyn Jones

        The Scarecrow and the Storms: Golgrim’s Keys (plus, The Scarecrow and the Storms: Golgrim’s Keys Book of Adventure, a kind of Choose-Your- Own Adventure supplement to the novel), by M. Simonson and R.M. Gilete

        Nonfiction

        The Mythological Dimensions of Doctor Who, eds. Anthony Burdge, Jessica Burke, and Kristine Larsen

        Languages, Myths and History: An Introduction to the Linguistic and Literary Background of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Fiction, Elizabeth Solopova

        Middle-earth Minstrel: Essays on Music in Tolkien, ed. Bradford Lee Eden

        The Hobbitonian Anthology of Articles about J.R.R. Tolkien and his Legendarium, Mark T. Hooker

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5142 (20100524) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        Message 3 of 8 , May 24, 2010
          Jason -

          I would be happy to take Solopova and Hooker. (Brad Eden's book would be
          inappropriate for me, as I have an article in it, and I'd be very interested
          in seeing David Emerson's take on it.)

          David Bratman

          Message 4 of 8 , May 24, 2010
            Jason,
                My reviewing & interviewing plate is more full than a Scotsman's at Countryside Buffet, and my old bandmate Emerson knows about music than I do, and I have a vague buddy conflict because Brad  helped saved "The Lord Of The Ringos" lean and streaky ten days ago, so the Senator from Far Westfarthing defers to the Senator from Mipples.  Send it to Emerson.

            Mike

          • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
            Message 5 of 8 , May 25, 2010
              Well, since others are jumping in.... I'll take on the two fiction
              entries from the "New stories from the Mabinogion" series (White Ravens
              and Nineth Wave).

              If you need my address, Jason, let me know.

              Sarah Beach

            • diane1@zoomtown.com
              Message 6 of 8 , May 26, 2010
                Has the Helen Lowe already been claimed?

                ---- scribbler@... wrote:
                > Well, since others are jumping in.... I'll take on the two fiction
                > entries from the "New stories from the Mabinogion" series (White Ravens
                > and Nineth Wave).
                >
                > If you need my address, Jason, let me know.
                >
                > Sarah Beach
                >

                > > I currently have ten books available for review in Mythprint. If you have
                > > an interest in one (or more) of these, send me an email inquiry. I’m
                > > looking to get a few of these done sooner rather than later, so if
                > > there’s a motivated reviewer out there, please speak up! :)
                > >
                > > Thanks much,
                > > Jason
                > >

                > > Fiction
                > >
                > > Farmer’s and Mercenaries: Book One of the Genesis of Oblivion Saga, by
                > > Maxwell Alexander Drake
                > >
                > > The Heir of Night: The Wall of Night, Book One, by Helen Lowe
                > >
                > > The Santa Louise Kid – Murder, T. Robert Yani
                > >
                > > White Ravens(New Stories from the Mabinogion), Owen Sheers
                > >
                > > The Ninth Wave(New Stories from the Mabinogion), Russell Celyn Jones
                > >
                > > The Scarecrow and the Storms: Golgrim’s Keys(plus, The Scarecrow and the
                > > Storms: Golgrim’s Keys Book of Adventure, a kind of Choose-Your-Own
                > > Adventure supplement to the novel), by M. Simonson and R.M. Gilete
                > >
                > > Nonfiction
                > >
                > > The Mythological Dimensions of Doctor Who, eds. Anthony Burdge, Jessica
                > > Burke, and Kristine Larsen
                > >
                > > Languages, Myths and History: An Introduction to the Linguistic and
                > > Literary Background of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Fiction, Elizabeth Solopova
                > >
                > > Middle-earth Minstrel: Essays on Music in Tolkien, ed. Bradford Lee Eden
                > >
                > > The Hobbitonian Anthology of Articles about J.R.R. Tolkien and his
                > > Legendarium, Mark T. Hooker

              • Jason Fisher
                Message 7 of 8 , May 26, 2010
                  Yes, that one's been spoken for. I still have the books by Drake, Yani, and Simonson & Gilete, if you (or anyone else) would care for any of those. Let me know. :)

                  Thanks,
                  Jason

                  ---- scribbler@... wrote:

                  > Well, since others are jumping in.... I'll take on the two fiction
                  > entries from the "New stories from the Mabinogion" series (White Ravens
                  > and Nineth Wave).
                  >
                  > If you need my address, Jason, let me know.
                  >
                  > Sarah Beach
                  >

                  > > I currently have ten books available for review in Mythprint. If you have
                  > > an interest in one (or more) of these, send me an email inquiry. Iâm
                  > > looking to get a few of these done sooner rather than later, so if
                  > > thereâs a motivated reviewer out there, please speak up! :)
                  > >
                  > > Thanks much,
                  > > Jason

                  Fiction